Mar 2, 2009
What are the best things about snow in Richmond?
1. You (teachers, librarians) get the day off. And, if it not only threatens to snow, but actually does, the rest of the city gets the day off too.
2. Maybe you get more than one day off, because we don't have many snowplows.
3. Maybe you get three or more days off, because we have lots of trees and above-ground wires.
4. You can really enjoy the day off more if you have electricity, as this translates to coffee, the internet, and warmth. (Many in the city won't, sadly--hi there, log cabin dwellers--I know you can't read this right now)
5. You don't have to shovel snow! Just wait a day or two--it will melt all by itself. And if it takes longer than a day or two to melt you won't be expected at work anyway.
6. When you only get big snowstorms every 4 years or so, you really appreciate the beauty!
7. If you got to Ukrops before the pre-snow panic, you can feel smug.
Posted by Darien Fisher-Duke at 1:20 PM